The simple answer is no. Section 45(5) of the Defence Act 1990 provides that nothing in the Employment Relations Act 2000 applies to the conditions of service of members of Armed Forces.

This means that a service person cannot raise a personal grievance, or use many of the other employment processes normally available to civilian employees. However, there are alternative ways that service people can resolve issues, including making a complaint or taking judicial review proceedings. This means that it is important you choose a lawyer who knows what options are available to you.

Frontline Law can give you expert advice and support you through whatever process you choose, to give you the best chances of achieving the outcome that you want.

Frontline Law is a team of talented lawyers, most of whom have previously served in the Armed Forces, New Zealand Police, and other uniformed organisations. 

The first step in getting support is to talk with a lawyer from Frontline Law about your situation and see what options we can offer you. Contact Frontline Law for a free initial consultation.